Position: Operations Manager
Meriam Process Technologies, a manufacturer of precision measurement instruments, is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Operations Manager to join our management team in Cleveland, Ohio. This senior level position will utilize global resources to develop and lead world class processes to produce at a level consistent with optimum quality for customer satisfaction and organizational profitability. The operations Manager will help ensure that Meriam is a customer-dedicated, people focused, innovative, low-cost organization. This position reports to the General Manager and is a major contributor in the development and implementation of strategic business planning.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Establish targets and monitor all elements of manufacturing costs including labor, material, and performance to standards, set-up, process variance, lost time, scrap, and rework to assure they do not exceed projected levels.
- Control operating variances from approved budgets for all Operations’ departments to achieve efficient facility operation.
- Develop and maintain accurate product costs to ensure optimum market pricing and product profitability.
- Control inventories to achieve forecasted annual inventory turns and target levels.
- Maintain overall plan to reduce material costs, improve supplier performance, and improve internal materials processes.
- Manage Quality Assurance to achieve high quality levels for parts and products.
- Promote productivity improvement/cost reduction through methods, process, make/buy analysis, tooling improvements and the procurement of necessary machinery and equipment.
- Provide input to the annual business plan with regards to personnel requirements, projected capital investment, inventory, productivity improvement projections, and associated schedules and budgets.
- Implement and control production plans to assure on-time shipment while continuously looking for ways to reduce lead-times.
- Utilize 80/20 principals to stream-line product mix and implement manufacturing strategies to optimize efficiencies and margins.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and engineering in the new product development process to ensure ease of manufacturing, while maximizing commonality of parts and minimizing cost.
- Select, train, and develop a first-class manufacturing team.
- Comply with all health, safety, environmental, and corporate procedures and regulations.
- Responsible for physical plant and building maintenance, safety and security.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Strong team formation and leadership skills
- Proficient project management and organizational skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and professional demeanor a must; Must be capable of communicating with personnel at all levels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, to include presentation skills
- Ability to effectively prepare comprehensive analyses, procedures, and reports
- Innovative thinker and complex problem solver
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office
Educational and Experience Requirements
The requirement for this position is a college technical or business bachelor’s degree – MBA desirable. The ideal candidate will have a minimum (5) years of progressive and successful experience in various aspects of plant operations applicable to machining, mechanical assembly, electronic assembly, and test operations.
Competitive salary based on experience and skills. Company benefits package.
Meriam Process Technologies
Attention: General Manager
10920 Madison Avenue
Cleveland, OH 44102